Are you a lesbian mommy (current or future) and want to help grow an awesome community of love, resources and support? Would you like to expound upon that love and contribute to our site? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We are always looking to add to our contributor roster, to bring in your fresh stories, your funny ideas, your gorgeous illustrations and expand our Lesbian Mommy community.
So, what exactly are we looking for?
Glad you asked.
What’s right for us:
We’re especially interested in anything that offers a new perspective and experiences trying to conceive, being pregnant, or parenting/family related. This includes personal essays, cultural criticism with unique and diverse points of view, smart articles with original reporting, and illustrations about anything related to those. We want stories that you’re passionate and from your unique POV.
Who we’re looking for:
- Funny, honest, smart, creative people with strong writing and grammar skills and the ability to spin an interesting yarn.
- Artists and illustrators who want to share their work with the Lesbian Mommies Community
Does this sound like a dream come true?
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with ideas you have for specific articles and a brief (one paragraph) description of who you are and what kind of writing you do.
- In the subject line, write a very short description of the idea you have for an article, i.e. “Pitch – 5 Reasons Why Being a Lesbian Mom is the Best” or “We’re Co-Nursing – Here’s Everything We’ve Learned” (You can include more ideas in the body of the email)
- If you already have a draft of a story you think might be right for us, go ahead and send it! We’d love to read it to see if it might be a good fit.
- If you have writing samples, send them along.